Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not Much Happening...

Thorny bird nest!
I'd like to post more often but there's no sense in doing it if there's nothing to say!  We've been watching the birds building their nests which is kind of interesting since one pair is making a nest out of thorns in the bottom of a cactus plant.  We also have a red cardinal (don't know the proper name though) that has been hanging around with it's mate, what a beautiful bird!  That's one thing I have to say, Texas or at least this part of it has the most beautiful sounding songbirds!  I mute the tv every so often just to hear them sing, love it!

A roadrunner just came to visit or at least to eat up as many of the resting moths that it can.  We were enjoying watching it until River, our Parson Terrier, spotted it and went into hunt mode and the roadrunner took off.  Darn!

I've been reading in everyone's blogs to make sure you get to know the company man, which we would like to do but could never figure out who that might be, until yesterday.  David with Murphy came by and when I checked him in I asked what he did and he said he was the production foreman and that this was his field.  So, I asked him if that made him the company man and he said yes, finally, after a month on this gate we finally got to meet him.  Very nice guy by the way!

So, that's it for now I'll post more when there is more to say.  I'll just leave you with a picture of some of the wildflowers that are starting to bloom.  Be safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment