Thursday, February 9, 2012

Girls Day Out and Wild Pigs...

Ok, two events but not connected!  Barb and Rachel from the other two gates at our well and myself decided to have a girls day out in Laredo; shopping, laundry and lunch, what a treat!  Don't worry, we brought pizza home to the guys for watching the gates for us which made them happy.

While I was gone, Jim called to say that there were about a dozen or more wild pigs about 50 feet behind the motorhome.  You can imagine how that drove the dogs crazy!  He said all three of them were running from one end of the motorhome to the other checking each window to watch all the pig action outside.  I had a good day in town but I would have loved to have seen them myself.

We normally have about 12 trucks go through the gate each morning but on Monday it ramped up a little so now there are about 25 going through.  From what we have heard the pipe they are laying is coming our direction, since we're still learning, I don't know if that means they are nearing the end or not. 

Today we met the man in charge of the well and he mentioned that about 150 more wells were scheduled to go in, but I don't know the timeline or what part of Texas we're talking about, regardless, I thought it sounded like job security anyway.

Our plans at this time are to work through the summer which should be interesting since heat is not my friend!  I'll work the night shift so that I can stay out of most of it but I will have to give Jim breaks during the heat of the day which means I won't escape all of it.  We'll see, I'm thinking positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment